Starting a gym routine for the first time can be a daunting task because everyone has various reasons for joining a gym. A lot of people are concerned about using the equipment if they’ve never worked out in a fitness centre or gym before. The gym workout plan for beginners is ideal for various goals, whether you want to shed some pounds of weight or burn fat, build muscle strength or improve your fitness.
The experts in the gym for beginners are really helpful and friendly so they can show you how to perform the exercises and they would also guide you through any type of questions regarding diet and nutrition, workouts set for exercises, etc.
But for women who want to start exercising at the gym, walking in at the ladies gym in Chennai can be the best way to combat any nervousness. At Skale Fitness, they get to experience the most positive experience and enjoy a safe and effective gym workout.
Who is a Beginner?
A beginner is someone who is new to weight training. They might have little or no athletic background and this is their first time they are about to think seriously about exercising.
In the initial consultation, most clients will respond that they have some experience with exercise. On the other hand, a client would have trained regularly (at least 2 days a week) for a year, or if it has been several years since their last consistent workout program, then they are a beginner. That’s why it is vital to assess their abilities and provide a gym workout plan for beginners.
What are Reps and Sets?
A rep is defined as how many times you repeat a specific exercise, whereas a set is considered to be how many rounds of reps you do. For instance, if you have to lift 10 times on a bench press, that would be ‘one set of 10 reps’. If you take a short break and repeat it again, it means you have completed ‘two sets of 10 reps’.
How many reps and sets you go for depends on what you’re trying to achieve in the gym workout plan for beginners. More reps at a lower weight will improve your endurance, while fewer reps at a higher weight will ensure you have built your muscle mass.
Why Should Beginners Do Full-Body Workout Routines?
The main goal of training for beginners is that they should learn how to control their muscles to perform movement patterns. This is known as motor control. Full-body training can be the best way to develop motor control. It also allows beginners to train the same movement pattern multiple times a week, exposing them to a lot of time under tension.
Moreover, beginners can train movement patterns involving high frequency as they will recover quickly from the session. After the gym workout plan for beginners gets completed successfully, the beginner will become an intermediate after 1-2 years of consistent training, then they will need to shift their session to lower and upper training splits.
What is the Duration of a Good Gym Workout?
A solid gym workout should not be determined by the number of minutes spent in the gym. It’s easy to spend 45 minutes to 1 hour in exercising, but the aim should be how many exercises you are able to perform in focused minutes by completing reps and sets efficiently with correct rest time.
A good form and challenging but appropriate weights also matter when it comes to gym workout plan for beginners. Set a goal to continue with the workout programme for 3 months.
How Should a Beginner Get Started?
The beginners can aim to do a full-body workout three times per week for 30 to 45 minutes. Pick about four to six exercises and focus on moderate reps and intensity, like 1 to 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps per move. The gym workout plan for beginners can always add on to the routine as per the progress.
Before getting started, spend 5 – 10 minutes getting warmed up. A dynamic warm-up will help in blood circulation and your muscles and joints will get prepared to work. This can also help lower risk of injury. Exercises at the gym for beginners include jumping jacks and marching in place while swinging the arms to get the heart rate up and muscles primed.
Best Gym Workout Plan for Beginners
The beginners can start with one round through the gym workout plan for beginners and build up to completing 3 to 4 sets of 10 reps.
- Start standing by keeping the feet a bit wider than shoulder-distance apart.
- Bring your hands in front of your chest as you lower the body.
- Your chest should stay lifted and your back should be neutral.
- When your thighs are parallel with the ground, press through your heels to return to standing.
- Start standing with your feet keeping it hip-width apart.
- Keep the upper body straight with shoulders back and core engaged.
- Step forward with one foot, shift your weight such that the heel hits the floor first.
- Bend your knees to 90 degrees in forming a lunge. Make sure the front knee stays behind the front toes.
- Complete 5 lunges on each side before switching to the other.
- Start with a high plank position on the hands and toes, with your shoulders over your wrists, make the body into a straight line from your head to hips to heels.
- Engage the abs as you drive your right knee towards your chest.
- Return the right knee to the original position.
- Drive left knee into your chest, and continue alternating legs as fast as you can.
Donkey Kick Jump
- Start on all fours.
- Engage your core while you lift your knees slightly off the ground.
- Keep knees bent as you kick both feet up behind, aiming your heels to touch the butt, before kicking them slightly out to one side.
- Land gently, jump to the other side, and make a rainbow shape with your legs.
The gym workout plan for beginners should be designed to make them gain confidence and perform each workout with dedication. It can be slow but must stay focused. Moreover, paying attention to the eating habit before and after your workout can also help in better performance and recovery.
Benefits of Gym Workout Plan for Beginners
The gym workout plan for beginners has the following benefits:
- It improves any muscle imbalances, especially from rounded shoulders or tight hips from sitting too long.
- It works for the whole body and is great for any body type.
- It improves strength, balance, endurance, flexibility, and coordination.
- It increases your confidence without making you bored.
- It can be done anywhere, even without equipment, so there can never be an excuse to skip the gym workout plan for beginners.
Beginner’s Exercise Initially
Week 1: Full-body split
Week 2: Two-day split: Chest area/Lower body
Week 3: Three-day split: Push/Pull/Legs
Week 4: Four-day split: Full
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I start a workout plan at the gym?
The gym workout plan for beginners should start by setting a goal and assessing your fitness level, do research and choose a workout plan that aligns with your goal and fitness level, familiarize yourself with gym equipment and proper form, create a schedule and stick to it and track your progress and make adjustments as needed.
What should I do on my first day as a gym beginner?
The gym workout plan for beginners must include the following:
1. Warm-up with cardio for 5-10 minutes.
2. Start with simple exercises using light weights or bodyweight, such as squats, lunges, push-ups, and planks.
3. Focus on proper form and technique.
4. Don’t force yourself too hard on your first day.
5. Cool down with stretches and hydrate well.
What is the best schedule for gym?
The best gym schedule depends on your personal goals, lifestyle, and availability. However, a common recommendation is to aim for 3-4 days of strength training and 2-3 days of cardio each week, with rest days in between. It’s important to find a gym workout plan for beginners that is sustainable and fits with your daily routine.
If your goal is to move and make your body feel better and continue to progress to an advanced fitness level, begin with a gym workout plan for beginners at Skale Fitness. Not only this ladies gym in Chennai lays down a solid foundation, but also helps in minimizing injury and gives you the confidence to keep progressing to more challenging workouts.